Basic information about the Viessmann warranty
We also offer a standard warranty of 2 years commencing on the date on which the boiler or accessory was delivered to you. With such guarantees we stand by our commitment to provide product owners and heating contractors with high quality products that work perfectly. Viessmann offers to repair or replace (at our sole discretion) faults free of charge. This is provided that these are actually due to defects in the manufacture or original materials of a product that occurs within the Standard Warranty Period.
What is covered under the standard warranty
Where we repair a boiler or accessory under this warranty, subject to the Terms and Conditions:
- cost of the relevant repairs (including labour for repairs carried out by an agent or contractor engaged by Viessmann)
- cost of the replacement boiler or accessory and the cost of installation (where required) in the same place as where the replaced boiler or accessory was installed
Where we replace a boiler or accessory under this warranty, subject to the Terms and Conditions:
- cost of a new replacement boiler or accessory and cost of delivering that new replacement boiler or accessory to, at our sole discretion, either the supplier of that boiler or accessory or the location where the defective boiler or accessory was installed
- Viessmann will arrange and pay for the new replacement boiler or accessory to be installed by Viessmann or an agent or contractor engaged by Viessmann in the same place as where the replaced boiler or accessory was installed
- subject to Viessmann' s prior approval, we will cover reasonable costs (as determined by us) for that new replacement boiler or accessory to be installed by a qualified installer selected by you in the same place as where the replaced boiler or accessory was installed
Additional requirements for making a claim under the standard warranty
- Professional design and installation of the system by a Viessmann qualified installer within 12 months of the date the product or accessory was delivered
- product was installed, commissioned and maintained correctly in accordance with the appliance instructions
- product has been used solely for the purposes it was designed for
- the commissioning sheet and/or Viessmann service log book has been completed correctly and is available for inspection by Viessmann to verify its completeness and correctness
- Installation, maintenance, inspection, servicing and guarantee work must be handled exclusively by a recognised heating contractor.
- inspection and maintenance was done by a Viessmann installer or qualified installer within one year of the installation date and has continued to be serviced annually after each service date
- details of services performed on the relevant product or accessory are recorded in the commissioning sheet or Viessmann service logbook.
What is excluded from the guarantee?
Certain defects or damage are not covered by the Viessmann guarantee:
- if the boiler has been removed or relocated from its original (i.e. first) place of installation without Viessmann's prior consent.
- anything which is not a defect in the manufacture or original materials of the boiler or accessory
- fair wear and tear
- modifications to the boiler or accessory that are not authorised or agreed by Viessmann
- any action or omission by you or any other person which causes the boiler or accessory to fail or be damaged such as water pressure adjustments, carrying out adjustments to programmers not following operating instructions when switching on the boiler
- failures or damage relating to airlocks, supply or damage of water, gas, oil, fuel line, etc
- external influences, such as weather
- damage caused by fire or explosion where that fire or explosion is not caused by a defect in the manufacture or original materials of that product or accessory
- accidental damage, theft, attempted theft or malicious damage
- cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork or dents
- any costs which Viessmann have not agreed to pay prior to those costs being incurred including third-party costs
- removal of fixtures or fittings required in order to gain access to carry out a repairs
To read more about the terms & conditions, click here.
In addition to these basic conditions, we also offer a number of special warranty services, which are outlined below.